MARIPOSA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
SITE: Community Health Services – Nogales
JOB TITLE: Program Coordinator - Nogales Mercado
REPORTS TO: Community-Clinic Linkages Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for management of the Nogales Mercado and works closely with community partners and networks to support food system efforts in Santa Cruz County. Responsible for coordinating the USDA Community Food Program grant activities and partnerships. Provide Spanish Language assistance to tobacco prevention program.
1. Serve as the lead staff member for the Nogales Mercado, coordinating with staff from Nogales Community Development Corporation, other community partners, volunteers, and vendors.
2. Serve as program coordinator for USDA Community Food Program grant activities and partnerships.
3. Oversee all cash and food instrument transactions at the Nogales Mercado.
4. Conduct outreach about services and activities in order to attract vendors.
5. Oversee marketing of services and activities in order to attract consumers.
6. Oversee vendor certification and redemption of SNAP, WIC and FMNP food instruments.
7. Coordinate with other groups and organizations that provide food assistance, promote healthy eating, or support the local food system (food bank, schools, coalitions, etc.)
8. Provide Spanish language assistance to the tobacco prevention program including phone-based enrollment in Ashline and adult tobacco prevention education classes.
9. Work with supervisor, partners and other staff to collect information for reports, evaluation or program development (grant writing).
10. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with community organizations, vendors, customers, and the general public.
11. Communicate effectively with fellow MCHC Community Health Services staff to enhance service integration.
12. Participate in professional development opportunities.
13. Demonstrate excellent patient/client relations skills, e.g.
a. smile and greet patients immediately;
b. engage all patients/clients in a genuine, warm and caring manner;
14. Respond to requests for assistance from colleagues at Mariposa in a positive, helpful manner
15. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Interest in the value of local food systems to promote a healthy community and economy.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to function well with limited supervision.
4. Experience with gardening or food production, preferred.
5. Comfortable with public speaking and group facilitation.
6. Ability to use mature judgment in decision making.
7. Ability to organize effectively and meet deadlines.
8. Ability to work flexible hours.
9. Ability to travel throughout the county, with occasional overnight travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School degree or GED required
2. Bachelor’s degree preferred
3. A minimum of two years’ experience in program coordination, health, social services, or related field.
4. Professional level fluency in written and spoken English required.
5. Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Prolonged sitting, some bending, walking, stooping and stretching.
2. Lift up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management’s expectations of the essential functions of this position. It is not intended to be comprehensive of the duties performed and does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Cassalyn David, MPH
Community-Clinic Linkages Manager
Adolescent Wellness Network Director
520.375.6050 ext. 1370
Pronouns: she, her
New Office: 1710 N. Mastick Way
Mailing: Attn: Cassalyn David, CHS
Mariposa Community Health Center
825 North Grand Avenue, Suite 100
Nogales, Arizona 85621